Sunday 4 September 2011

Changing Direction

Photo Credit: manostphoto

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." Lao Tzu

Having finally completed Lets Go Make and  made a few tentative steps into the world with it, I have decided to change direction. I'VE MADE ACCESS TO ALL THE PROJECTS FREE! I’m going on instinct here and these are the reasons why i decided to make the change at this stage:

1.The overriding reason is that I want as many people as possible to see and enjoy the video clips and templates that I spent along time making. I've got lots of other ideas that I'm excited about adding to the site and  I don’t want all that content to be hiding behind some wall on the website where not many people will see it. 
   
2.There is a lot of free stuff all over the Internet. I believe mine is at the higher end of the quality spectrum but I’m not sure if a subscription model would really  have worked with this kind of material. There are other ways to support the site that I’m going to explore.  

3. It makes the process of developing the site a lot more relaxed. Creating Let's Go Make for me is all about doing something I love and I've got a lot to learn about creating and marketing a website of this nature. I want to give myself room to make mistakes and try different things and if I've not got the pressure of trying to persuade people to subscribe I feel I'll have more freedom to do that.
    Starting Lets Go Make is really, I hope,  the beginning of an adventure for me. I’m not really sure where it will take me, but  I want it to keep on evolving and so long as I continue to enjoy the journey I'm going to be happy.

    2 comments:

    1. Superb idea excellently executed. Good luck. Sent the link to a few friends and family. Good luck.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for your support, it's greatly appreciated

      ReplyDelete